Fire Salamanders and Cow Horns: What’s Biodynamic Wine Actually About?
In this class, Lindsay Drew, Certified Specialist of Wine and Certified Sommelier, will lead us as we explore biodynamic farming and winemaking: its origins, practices, and mysticism. Does following the moon’s phases really make a wine better? Let’s find out together. And yes, we will be discussing gnomes.
- 2018 Bernhard Ott Gemischter Satz $24.99
- 2019 Wieninger Gemischter Satz $21.25
- 2017 Prazo de Roriz Douro Red $13.75
- 2019 Niepoort ‘Twisted’ Douro Red $19.99
Guidelines for Purchase
- The Austin Wine Merchant is currently serving customers via contactless curbside pickup for safety – please order in advance. Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to (512) 499-0512 to bill your order to your Visa, MasterCard or Discover. It’s possible that some wines may sell out before the event, so place your order early to guarantee your full set.
- After The Austin Wine Merchant notifies you that your order is ready, you may pick up your wines anytime Monday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM. (Off street parking is available on the right just before the shop – a tawny brick building with red awning.) Call 512.499.0512 when you arrive in the parking lot, and they will bring your wines out to you.
- Discounts: When ordering wines for the tasting, you may want to consider ordering additional wines to access these discounts. Mixed 6-pack: 7.5% discount; Mixed 12-pack: 10% discount; Full case of the same wine: 15% discount.
- You will find their current wine & spirits offering at the following link (https://bit.ly/3eEj56r)., You may browse their full wine collection regionally by clicking on the “Quick Links to Wines of the World” button at the top of their website (www.theaustinwinemerchant.com)
Class will be hosted via Zoom. Registrants will receive an email with the meeting link Thursday morning.
Participants will be required to purchase at least one of the wines to receive the Zoom link for the tasting.
Please note: These sessions are being recorded for marketing purposes.
About the IMBIBE Series
IMBIBE means to consume or absorb – and that’s exactly what you’ll do in our classes… consume and absorb wine, food, and knowledge.
We host 2-3 IMBIBE classes each month – usually on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Now that we are seeing the light at the end of the Pandemic tunnel, we are offering a mix of virtual and in-person classes. These classes are a great way to learn, and engage with other like-minded members of our community. We have a variety of highly knowledgeable professionals who impart great information, and usually a few good laughs, too!