The Taub Family has been importing wine from Italy since 1977. David Taub founded his company with the goal of introducing the American consumer to the undiscovered wonders of Italian wines. Mr. Taub is credited with the introduction of Pinot Grigio to the U.S. and was instrumental in building it’s popularity amongst wine drinkers. Today Taub Family Selections imports over 90 different estates from around the world, but the focus of the portfolio continues to be on the wines of Italy.
Join Josh Prados, Texas State Manager at Taub Family Selections. Certified Sommelier, Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW), WSET Level III, French Wine Scholar and Jerry Reid, Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits Italian Wine Specialist as they discuss a lineup of fantastic wines.
* NV Ferrari Brut, Trento DOC – 6/cs @ $17.00/btl $26.25
• 2019 Sella&Mosca Vermentino di Sardegna ‘La Cala’ – 12/cs @ $8.50/btl $14.99
• 2019 Mastroberardino Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Bianco, Campania – 12/cs @ $14.00/btl $22.50
• 2017 Planeta Etna Rosso, Sicily – 6/cs @ $21.00/btl $32.50
• 2015 Col d’Orcia Brunello di Montalcino – 12/cs @ $29.75/btl $45.00
• 2016 Bertani Valpolicella Ripasso – 12/cs @ $19.00/btl $29.99
Guidelines for Purchase from The Austin Wine Merchant
- The store is currently serving customers via contactless curbside pickup for safety – please order in advance. Email your order to email@example.com or call to (512) 499-0512 by 2pm Saturday 16 January 2021 to pre-order your wines and secure your order with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- Order pick-up is Wednesday or Thursday before the tasting between 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM. (Off street parking available on the right just before the shop – a tawny brick building with red awning)
- Discounts: When ordering wines for the tasting, you may want to consider ordering additional wines to access these discounts. Mixed 6-pack: 7.5% discount; Mixed 12-pack: 10% discount; Full case of the same wine: 15% discount.
- You can find their current wine & spirits special offering at the following link (https://bit.ly/3eEj56r) and can browse their full collection by clicking on the “Quick Links to Wines of the World” button at the top of their website (www.theaustinwinemerchant.com)
Class will be hosted via Zoom. Registrants will receive an email with the meeting link Thursday morning.
Participants will be required to purchase at least one of the wines to receive the Zoom link for the tasting.
Please note: These sessions are being recorded for marketing purposes.
About the IMBIBE Series
IMBIBE means to consume or absorb – and that’s exactly what you’ll do in our classes . . . consume and absorb wine, food, and knowledge. IMBIBE takes place every week, alternating between Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6pm (unless otherwise noted). These classes are a ton of fun and loaded with great education! Our members have told us that Wednesdays and Thursdays are their favorite days of the week because they love these virtual tastings so much!