Rising Stars of the Loire Valley, France
The Loire Valley of France is an exciting part of the French countryside. The river flows from its source in the high elevations of the Ardeche region through the Massif Central, on down through several recognizable wine destinations, historic French hamlets, where it eventually passes through the city of Nantes on its way to the Atlantic Ocean. The river has an impressive journey of over 1000 kilometers. Not only is the river scenic, historic, and full of splendor; it is home to some of the most exciting wines to grace our glasses. Join us for an exciting look at some cutting edge Loire Valley wine producers. Class will be hosted by Steve Alley, Classified Wines & Spirits, French Wine Scholar (FWS), Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) and WSET III Advanced Wine Award.
- Arnaud Lambert, Breze, Cremant de Loire – $22.50
- Domaine Guiberteau, Saumur Blanc – $37.50
- Domaine Serol, Turbullent, Sparkling Wine – $22.50
- Brendan Stater-West, Saumur Rouge – $37.50 (Sold Out)
- Brendan Stater-West, Saumur Blanc ’19 (Substitute)
Guidelines for Purchase
- The store is currently serving customers via contactless curbside pickup for safety – please order in advance. Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to (512) 499-0512 by 2pm Saturday, April 3 to pre-order your wines and secure your order with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- Order pick-up is Wednesday or Thursday before the tasting between 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM. (Off street parking available on the right just before the shop – a tawny brick building with red awning)
- Discounts: When ordering wines for the tasting, you may want to consider ordering additional wines to access these discounts. Mixed 6-pack: 7.5% discount; Mixed 12-pack: 10% discount; Full case of the same wine: 15% discount.
- You can find their current wine & spirits special offering at the following link (https://bit.ly/3eEj56r) and can browse their full collection by clicking on the “Quick Links to Wines of the World” button at the top of their website (www.theaustinwinemerchant.com)
Class will be hosted via Zoom. Registrants will receive an email with the meeting link Thursday morning.
Participants will be required to purchase at least one of the wines to receive the Zoom link for the tasting.
Please note: These sessions are being recorded for marketing purposes.
About the IMBIBE Series
IMBIBE means to consume or absorb – and that’s exactly what you’ll do in our classes . . . consume and absorb wine, food, and knowledge. IMBIBE takes place every week, alternating between Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6pm (unless otherwise noted). These classes are a ton of fun and loaded with great education! Our members have told us that Wednesdays and Thursdays are their favorite days of the week because they love these virtual tastings so much!