We are kicking off our virtual classes this Thursday at 6pm! Join us as we explore Texas and it's source countries. The discussion will be lead by three winemakers: Sergio Cuadra of @fallcreekvineyards, Randy Hester of @clbutaud, and Victor Ordóñez of @jorgeordonezselections. Moderater for the class will be WFFT alum, Mark Rashap, CWE. This is a free class for our members with a suggested donation to @austinshiftmeal. Visit link in bio for more info.
Become an Aficionado
During these crazy times when we cannot socialize and provide in-person gatherings to eat, drink and educate together, we are so excited to bring you some new and exciting member benefits that reflect the current world in which we live.
Membership Benefits Include:
1. Virtual Education Classes / Tastings: Members will get free access to members-only virtual education classes / tastings. We have a consistent schedule of three sessions per month – they take place on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 6pm CST (unless otherwise noted). Members receive exclusive invitations to attend these free classes/tastings. Click here for a schedule of our coming classes.
2. Monthly Members-Only Benefits: Every month – starting with August – we are launching new, members-only benefits at each membership level. This month, our members are receiving special promotions and perks from Emmer & Rye, Parker Wolf / Austin Wine Merchant and Sophienwald Glassware. See below for details. You should receive an email with exclusive, members-only codes to take advantage of these benefits. (If you are a member, and haven’t received or can’t find your email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. )
The special offers/promotions will last through the month, and then new offers and promotions will go out to members at the beginning of each month!
Fall Virtual Event: Our fall virtual event planning is underway and there will be some big members-only benefits at that event. Stay tuned for more details and registration.
August Aficionado Member Benefits
Emmer & Rye
Emmer & Rye is now offering curbside pick up, delivery and patio dining under its new classic summer Italian menu brand – Emmeroni’s!
Free Garlic Bread on minimum $20 purchase.
Buy 6 ESSENTIAL glasses, get 2 free, plus free standard shipping.
Please note that when you check out, it will only show the 6 glasses plus free shipping. After you place your order, you will receive an email from Sophienwald within 24 hours confirming the 2 free glasses with your order. Limit one per customer.
Parker Wolf and Austin Wine Merchant
WFFT has teamed up with local importers Parker Wolf Selections to design a six bottle case of thirst-quenching Summer rosé that doesn't break the bank
• Domaine Hubert Meyer Crémant d'Alsace Rosé
• Champagne Lallier 'Grand Rosé' Grand Cru
• Château St. Pierre Côtes de Provence Rosé 2019
• Château Vannières Bandol Rosé 2018
• Fattoria Corzano e Paterno 'il Corzanello' Toscano Rosato 2019
• Vigne del Malina 'Rosad' Friuli Rosato 2018
Austin Wine Merchant has been kind enough to offer a discount on one six pack at a total of $143.37 or two six packs at $139.50 each specifically for WFFT members. We could not be more excited to help fill your month of August with plenty of rosé!
Making this purchase benefits not only local distributor Parker Wolf Selections and infamous wholesaler Austin Wine Merchant, but also all the families of the producers during these difficult times.
All of the above benefits will expire on August 31, 2020. New benefits will launch at the beginning of each month!
The following Aficionado benefits will resume once live events have resumed:
Member pricing for 2 people to all WFFT events
5-day advance ticket purchase opportunities for WFFT premier events
1-day advance ticket purchase opportunities for educational wine tastings and winemaker events
CUSTOMIZE YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Access to Wine & Food Foundation of Texas member-only events including wine tastings, classes, dinners, and more!
- Advanced notice and member pricing to Foundation events.
- Invitations to collaborative events with other organizations, restaurants and wineries with local chefs and sommeliers.
“Love this organization, great for wine and food enthusiasts!”
- Lisa, member
Learn from the best.
“Wonderful people and great wines."